The housekeeping supervisor is responsible for cleanliness, maintaining a neat appearance at the restaurant, administration offices, receiving area and public areas, overseeing laundry, and gardening operations.
● Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
● Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
● Assists with preparation of schedules for daily, weekly and monthly assignments for cleaning staff.
● Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
● Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
● Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
● Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
● Works closely with the maintenance department to ensure that the building , furniture and equipment is in a reputable state.
● Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
● Create a courteous, friendly, professional, work environment through an open line of communication.
● Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure an operation that is more efficient.
● Ensure that the staff uniform inventory is well equipped and issued as per the Standard Operating Procedures.
● Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
* In addition to the above, the Housekeeping supervisor may be given such other duties as the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager or any other Manager may deem necessary
● Diploma in Housekeeping Operations or any other related field.
● 3 years experience in a supervisory role in the Housekeeping Department
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Good knowledge of products and processes in housekeeping
● Knowledge of hospitality operating systems
● Excellent communication skills
● Interpersonal skills
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Unit: Central Services
Starting date: Immediate