Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most
successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its
services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior
level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role
based at Tamambo Karen Blixen.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, inventory, organizing and selling wine for all departments
- Oversee all wine purchases and cost management
- Oversee the wine of the month selection, introduction of new vendors, wineries, etc.
- Assist members and guests during the dinner service with wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their dinner, decanting of the wine and wine service
- Develop a training program for all Team Members to improve their knowledge of wine tasting and wine service
WHO ARE YOU?Required skills and Competencies:
- Qualification in Food & Beverage qualification is a definite advantage
- At least 2 years of experience in specialty wine operations and beverage production
- A strong knowledge of food and beverage pairings
- Must be passionate about wine
- Must possess superior people skills
- The ability to determine wine faults and maintain proper temperatures in order to showcase products at their maximum potential.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com The application deadline is 2 nd August 2017. Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke. Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org