Unit : Tamarind Village
Job posting: 4-05-2017 until 15-05-2017.
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
Tamarind Village is a luxurious collection of fully serviced apartments situated directly adjacent to Mombasa’s famous Tamarind Restaurant and overlooks the picturesque Old Town of Mombasa.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
- Provide effective and friendly reception services: Meet and greet clients and visitors and respond to inquiries, ensure that all visitors are attended to on time.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system and file documents, ensure an effective filling system in the company, ensure access to these documents at all times.
- Receiving and recording incoming mails and registering outgoing mails and ensuring timely submission of the same and incoming documents and ensure timely records are properly submitted to the recipients and subsequently filed in the correspondence file.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member in a regular basis. This includes ensuring that there is always someone at the switchboard. Ensuring that no guest is put on hold for long and channeling telephone calls to the respective persons.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, and office keys.
- Facilitating access to office registry incase the admin manager is not available
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Who are you?
Required skills and Competencies
- Diploma in any related field.
- 2 years’ experience, (hospitality industry experience preferred)
- Computer knowledge (Word, excel)
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Personable and pleasant.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems effectively
What do we offer you?
When working at Tamarind, You will have ample opportunities for growth and career development. We encourage creativity and highly value continuous learning.
This challenging position offers you a chance to be part of our exceptional team in which you will be rewarded for performance.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process entails 3 interview stages. The application deadline is 15th May 2017.