Unit: Roast By Carnivore
Job posting: 28/05/2018.
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most
successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its
services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level
of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at
the Roast By Carnivore.
Roast by carnivore is your casual, dine out restaurant that offers a deliciously inspiring selection
of 'signature' sandwiches, pulled pork/ beef and chicken, meat rich platters, fresh crunchy
salads and a selection of sides & bites coupled with great customer experience.
We also serve the refreshing classic dawa (yes the original dawa cocktail was created by the
Tamarind Group) other cocktails and a fully stocked bar.
Roast by carnivore is proudly 100% Kenyan brand and part of the Tamarind Group.
- Prepare and store food according to ROAST by Carnivore procedures
- Preparation of all menu items
- Maintain cleanliness of the station
- Demonstrate sense of urgency to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure enough stock of all items for food preparation
- Prepare food standards according to strict and exact recipe guidelines
- Open, operate and close the restaurant using procedures as per the checklist.
- Follow production and food safety procedures all the time
- Clean equipment as per maintenance and preventative plan
- Ensure FIFO is adhered to and strictly follow holding times on packaged products
- Undertake further tasks as required by management to facilitate the efficient running of the
WHO ARE YOU?
- Certificate/Diploma from an accredited college or university in Food Production
- Minimum of 3 years’ food preparation experience, preferably in a high volume quick service environment.
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and practices
- Knowledge of service in a fine dining environment
- Passionate about food, and customer service
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by
sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.tamarind.co.ke.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail email@example.com